Lake Michigan at Sunrise

Lake Michigan at Sunrise

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Booom Boom Boom, Chicago is under Thunder!

There are few days where I have no interest in running and this morning wasn't one of them. I know a cardinal rule of running is if there is lightening, you don't run, but running in bad weather can be a nice change. Plus you sound extra crazy at work when you talk about running in this weather. You do talk about running at every chance don't you?

The thunderstorms rolling into Chicago woke my wife and I up around 4am, and there was no going back to sleep.  We were both on high alert for any crying from our daughter's room, hoping she wouldn't wake up for the thunder.  Before I put her to bed, I told her that if she wakes up to the storm, just think of Mr. Brown making thunder.  She is too you to really grasp any of that as a toddler, but it made me feel better that I tried.  Thankfully, she slept through it, and now its time to start the day.

Chicago this morning


Thursday is my day off from running in my schedule and I know my body needs it.  Not running is like skipping a few cups of strong coffee.  I started feeling like I was going to doze off on the way to work on the train.  How can people function like this?

I can't be completely lazy today, going to the gym today for another adventure into the land of the Goliaths.

Time to go find someone around here to talk about running with now!







.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus