Lake Michigan at Sunrise

Lake Michigan at Sunrise

Saturday, April 27, 2013

A little bird told me to run today

I ended my work week yesterday with a short walk to the lakefront just to soak up some sun.  It was uplifting to see a volleyball net up and some people on the beach.  Although I did feel a little odd sitting by an area I run through, like being benched during  a game and you just want to get back on the court.
65 Degrees works for me!



Ah Saturday! The start of the weekend, and for many of us, a time to recharge, and to stop and smell the roses. No different for me! It was a recovery run day (run about 2 minutes slower than pace) and I started about 30 minutes later than normal since I didn't have to get back home as fast.

I got out of the lakefront to see the water painted pink and couldn't help but stop and capture the moment:


A few minutes before sunrise

It was a pretty relaxing run, the first 20 minutes was filled with the song of what sounded like a plethora of birds singing to me from the trees.  I'd like to think they were cheering me on, thanks birds!

There were fewer people than normal for the first 1/3 of my run, until I came around cricket hill and I ran into the Elijah Running Club. Last Saturday I saw this group and had no idea who they were, I initially thought they were organizers for the Cara 10 miler.  Today I caught the logo on their shirts.  Seems like a cool group! My favorite runner was in the front, waving her hands up high, you could tell she had a song in her heart, and love in her run. *internet high five*

Now to start the rest of the day and hang out with my ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus