Lake Michigan at Sunrise

Lake Michigan at Sunrise

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Do you even lift bro?

A couple times a week I get to the gym to do some upper body work. I have no illusions that I'll get built while running, I just want to be able to swing my kid around easily as she becomes a bigger ham and not have spaghetti arms.

What I find interesting is the banter with the full time lifters.  We all respect each other, but our mindsets are very different.  They find running a chore and anything more than 2 miles is uncalled for.

I understand their reasoning in not focusing on cardio while bulking up, but do they understand why distance runners can't spend a lot of time lifting? They call me crazy when I talk miles, I call them monsters when they lift things I can only roll on the ground.

Good workout though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus